Richard Jacobson is a shareholder in the firm’s Tax Section. He is a Certified Public Accountant and Board Certified by The Florida Bar in International Law.
Richard’s practice includes:
- Assisting foreign clients with pre-residency tax planning
- Helping foreign investors in U.S. real estate (FIRPTA) and other business ventures
- Representing U.S. companies exporting products or services or conducting business internationally
- Assisting U.S. clients with their foreign manufacturing activities
- Managing IRS Voluntary Disclosure, FATCA and FBAR reporting
- Handling inquiries from foreign attorneys, trust companies, and accountants
Richard’s clients come to him for guidance through the cross-border taxation minefield and he does this on budget and with optimal results. Clients know that his greatest satisfaction comes from helping international families address cross-border tax, immigration and related matters, and from helping U.S. companies expand overseas.
Richard is the firm’s lead representative to the TerraLex global legal network of 150 firms located in 100 countries. As such, he has developed relationships with his counterparts throughout the TerraLex network, providing clients and attorneys immediate access to cross-border expertise. With his immigration team, he offers “unique and coordinated one-stop immigration and international tax services.”
Richard’s global perspective was developed early in life. Born in the U.S. Midwest, he spent high school years in Afghanistan. By age 16, he had traveled around the world by himself and has worked and traveled extensively overseas ever since.
- New York University, LL.M., 1984, Taxation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 1982
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., 1971
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants: International Taxation Committee
- The Florida Bar: Past Executive Council, International Law Section; International Law Certification Committee
- Hillsborough County Bar Foundation: Trustee
- TerraLex Global Legal Network: Board of Directors and Firm Representative
- Tampa Bay Area Committee on Foreign Relations: Director
Rate : $$$