Richard Allyn is member of Robins Kaplan LLP. Particular experience litigating large catastrophic property and casualty disputes and losses.
Examples of losses include the Northeast Power Outage of 2003, World Trade Center 7 building collapse, numerous power plant losses, water damaged structures, a food processing plant, warehouses, a telephone switching station, major office buildings, an airplane hangar, a grain elevator, chemical spill, paper mills, a commercial horse barn, mining facility, and a world famous painting. These losses involved fires, explosions, floods, construction defects, pollution and environmental damage, mold, electrical malfunctions, chemical spills, arson and terroristic acts.
Counsels and represents insurance companies, private corporations, and individuals involved in coverage disputes, including property, liability, environmental, intellectual property, life insurance, crime and fidelity, employment practices, product liability, construction and builders risk, as well as antitrust, fraud, and wrongful market conduct cases in court and arbitration. Represents special insurance risk programs for cities, schools and nonprofits.
Arbitrator in cases involving insurance issues.
Adjunct Professor at the University of Minnesota Law School teaching the Insurance Law Clinic.
As Minnesota Solicitor General, supervised the Attorney General’s principal litigation office where he had years of experience in motion, civil and criminal trial and appellate litigation, including insurance related cases. During this time, he presented two arguments in the U.S. Supreme Court; Malone v. White Motor Co., 425 U.S. 497 (1979), and Marquette National Bank v. First Omaha Service Corp., 439 U.S. 299 (1978).
Subsequently, Mr. Allyn served as the Chief Deputy Attorney General. Previously headed the Criminal Division. Experience included trials, appeals and Grand Jury presentations.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. (1969)
- University of Minnesota, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association (Tort and Insurance Practice Section)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Rate : $$$