Mr.Richard Cohen has litigated and arbitrated complex corporate, commercial, insurance, and employment disputes for more than 40 years, and is a trusted advisor to business owners and in-house counsel both in the United States and internationally.
His clients have included Fortune 100 companies, domestic and foreign commercial and investment banks, Pacific-rim corporations and real estate development companies, as well as start-up businesses throughout the United States.
Mr. Cohen has tried dozens of cases in both federal and state court, argued numerous appeals, and has conducted arbitrations and mediations before the American Arbitration Association, FINRA and other dispute resolution forums that have involved:
- Complex corporate and business disputes;
- Corporate shareholder and partnership disputes, and corporate derivative suits;
- Employment related matters, including discrimination, harassment, restrictive covenants and business non-competes, and trade secret and confidential business information protection;
- Insurance disputes;
- Broker-dealer and public investor stock exchange arbitrations; and
- Intellectual property.
Mr. Cohen created and edited his former firm’s blog, “Employment Discrimination Report,” and posted over a thousand articles. The blog received the distinguished American Bar Association “Top 100 Law Blog Award for 2014.” Mr. Cohen was also a member of the 2010 Editorial Advisory Board of Employment Law360, and had one of his blog posts published as a chapter in the university text “Employers and the Law: 2013-14 Anthology of Best Articles” – a collection of articles penned by seasoned labor and employment law attorneys.
As can be seen below, Mr. Cohen is the go-to attorney for newspaper and online reporters around the globe, as well as symposium organizers, seeking interviews, comments and speaking engagements related to litigation and employment law.
- New York Law School; J.D., Cum Laude
- Harpur College of the State University of New York at Binghamton
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2d Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States Court of International Trade
Rate : $$$