Richard Bowers has extensive experience in dealing with government agencies on a wide range of regulatory, legislative, environmental, land use, construction, and procurement matters, and provides representation among all of the New York City agencies regulating or approving development projects including practicing before the City Planning Commission, the Department of Buildings, the Board of Standards and Appeals, and the Department of Environmental Protection.
Richard has served as General Counsel of the New York City Department of Environmental Protection, where he negotiated major environmental agreements for the City and provided counsel on a broad range of environmental, land use, and construction matters.
He also served as Assistant Chief of the General Litigation Division of the New York City Law Department and has extensive litigation experience at all levels of federal and state courts and administrative agencies.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1975
Bar Admissions : California; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional Experience :
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection, General Counsel
- New York City Law Department, General Litigation Division, Assistant Chief
- California Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$