Richard H. Brody’s practice includes the areas of mergers and acquisitions, project finance, corporate law, joint ventures, partnerships and limited liability companies, private equity, and capital markets transactions.
He has served as counsel to both public and private companies and private investors in negotiation and documentation of acquisition, sale, financing (debt and equity), joint venture and restructuring transactions in over 30 years of practice.
He has represented clients in a number of industries, including energy, real estate, healthcare, and broadcast/media. Rich also provides pro bono advice and services through the Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta and the Georgia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia; Chairman (2002-2003) of the Business Law Section, Chairman, Corporate Code Revision Committee of the Business Law Section (1998-2000)
- American Bar Association (Member, Section of Business Law; Committee on Negotiated Acquisitions, Legal Opinions Committee)
- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., with honors, Articles Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- Harvard University, A.B., magna cum laude
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$