Richard F. Bulger is co-leader of Mayer Brown’s Environmental Action Group. He represents business, association and individual clients in complex environmental, toxic tort, and administrative law matters.
Rich practices before federal and state judicial and administrative tribunals, and has represented companies in the chemical, utility, scrap metal, railroad, and ranching industries in a variety of contexts.
Rich negotiates with government entities in proceedings related to federal and state environmental regulatory programs. This work practice complements his counseling of clients on environmental aspects of corporate transactions and real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale, and redevelopment of brownfields properties.
Rich served with the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency from 1994 to 1997 before entering private practice. He joined Mayer Brown in 1998.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, JD
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College
- DePauw University, BA
- US Supreme Court
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Member, Illinois Bar Association, Environmental Section – Council Member
- Environmental Law Institute
Rate : $$$