Richard E. Bump’s practice emphasizes school and education law, especially representation of public school districts. He assists district clients in areas including board of education powers and duties, policy development, labor and employment, student discipline, constitutional and civil rights claims, construction, real and personal property acquisition and leasing, school finance, special education, charter schools and more.
Richard serves as general counsel for many Colorado districts large and small, utilizing the breadth and depth of his experience to assist with negotiating and drafting contracts, advising on all aspects of employee performance and evaluation issues, alleged wrongdoing and dismissals.
Richard is actively involved in school and education law issues, maintaining membership and leadership positions in a number of Colorado and national school associations. He serves as a distinguished and frequent lecturer on education law issues.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
- Colorado State University, B.A.
Associations & Memberships:
- Common Good Colorado, Board of Directors, Member
- The American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- National School Boards Association (NSBA) Council of School Attorneys, Past Director
- Colorado Council of School Board Attorneys, Past President
- Boulder Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Colorado Chautauqua Association, Board of Directors, Past Member
Rate : $$$$