Richard J. Busis heads the firm’s Securities Practice. Richard counsels a diverse group of public and private companies, ranging from startup companies seeking venture capital to NASDAQ and NYSE-listed companies, in a wide variety of corporate and securities transactions.
Richard’s practice has a particular emphasis on securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions, including providing counsel to boards of directors on their fiduciary duties with respect to such transactions. In his securities practice, he represents both companies seeking to raise capital, as well as underwriters, placement agents, and venture funds.
He also devotes a significant portion of his practice to representing high-tech, internet, and other emerging growth companies in venture and other capital raising transactions, joint ventures, and strategic alliances, as well as licensing and technology development arrangements.
Richard has significant experience in investments involving Israeli companies. Richard is president of Temple Beth Hillel-Beth El, and the vice chairman of the board of the Beck Institute for Cognitive Therapy and Research.
Richard received his B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, summa cum laude, in 1975, his M.A. in ancient near eastern history from the University of Pennsylvania in 1980, and his law degree from the Harvard Law School, cum laude, in 1984. He was an editor of the Harvard Law Review and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Represented public companies in negotiating lines of credit with total aggregate amount in excess of $700 million.
- Represented public companies in the drafting or reviewing disclosures (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K; proxy statements, etc.).
- Represented public company in multiple issuances of debt securities with an aggregate purchase price of about $500 million.
- Represented the joint venture of a public company in the purchase of a steam plant for more than $50 million.
- Represented joint venture of a public company in the sale of a heating and cooling facility with a purchase price of approximately $190 million.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1984
- University of Pennsylvania, M.A., 1980
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., summa cum laude, 1975
BAR ADMISSIONS : Florida; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Rate : $$$$