Richard C. Mapp III is the Chairman of the ESOPs & Employee Benefits Practice Group at Kaufman & Canoles and is also a member of the Mergers, Acquisitions & Strategic Alliances Group.
Rick is also the President of ESOP Strategies, a consulting subsidiary of Kaufman & Canoles, established to provide ESOP Feasibility Studies and other services related to ESOP succession planning.
Rick’s employee benefits practice includes plan design, leveraged employee and/or management buy-outs, business succession planning, executive compensation, banking and finance, and tax planning.
- University of Virginia; B.A., with distinction, 1978
- University of Virginia School of Law; J.D., 1982
- American Bar Association; Taxation Section
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter of The ESOP Association; Vice President, Eastern Region
- The ESOP Association; Legislative and Regulatory Committee
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- Represent numerous 100% ESOP owned S corporations doing business as government contractors in Maryland, Virginia and elsewhere
- On approved list of law firms providing Employee Benefits counsel to Commonwealth of Virginia, and agencies thereof, including public universities and colleges
- Facilitated and closed numerous ESOP buy-outs (bank and/or seller-financed)
- Provide Employee Benefits counsel for North American operations of large multinational corporation
Rate : $$$