For over fourteen years, Richard Vershave has prepared and filed hundreds of patent applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in a variety of technology areas. Richard focuses on managing and providing strategic guidance to clients with small to large intellectual property portfolios – both domestic and global.
Richard has worked with inventors and companies from coast-to-coast. Richard is also highly versed in helping clients navigate the protection of their intellectual property outside of the United States.
Richard is a registered patent attorney and focuses his practice on a variety of technologies such as powered vehicles, air and space systems and structures, reinforced composites, computer hardware, sensors and control systems, and medical devices.
Additionally, his practice includes trademark matters, reexamination (post-grant) proceedings, accelerated patent examination proceedings, due diligence evaluations, clearance studies, infringement, invalidity and patentability opinions, confidentiality agreements and strategic intellectual property portfolio development and management.
Richard received his B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Michigan with a focus on structural analysis, thermodynamics and control systems. Prior to earning his law degree, he worked for approximately eight years as a Structural Aerospace Engineer at The Boeing Company on wing structures, high lift systems, electromechanical power generation systems, landing gear systems and complex gear systems. He is veteran of the U.S. Army, and a member of the University of Michigan Alumni Association.
- Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- University of Michigan (B.S., cum laude, 1993)
Bar & Court Admissions:
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar or Washington
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- Washington State Supreme Court
- Washington State Court of Appeals
- King County Bar Association Intellectual Property Section, Vice Chair (Fall 2015)
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County Board of Trustees
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Patent Law Association
- University of Michigan Alumni Association, Member
Rate : $$$$