Richard J. Cooper’s practice focuses on domestic and international restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, and leveraged finance (including project and acquisition finance). Richard joined the firm in 1986 and became a partner in 1995.
- United States: Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA), Aleris, America West Airlines, Circle K, Color Tile, Continental Airlines, Foxwoods Casino, Fruit of the Loom, Insight Healthcare, Lehman Brothers, Milagro Holdings, Pan American Airways, Revco and Van Camp Seafood.
- Latin America: Aeromexico, Alestra, Automotores Gildemeister, CCM, Cemex, Cydsa, Easa, Edenor, Emcali, Empresas ICA, Fibria (formerly Aracruz Celulose), Gruma, Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua, GVO, Independencia, Intelig, IUSA, Iusacell, Maxcom, Metrogas, Mexicana, Odebrecht Oil and Gas, OGX, Oi, Oro Negro, San Antonio Oil and Gas, Sanluis Autoparts, Tonon Bioenergia, Telecom Argentina, Termoelectrica de Barranquilla, Termoemcali, TGN, Transener and Vitro.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- A consortium of private equity firms in connection with the purchase of NTE Energy, various oil and gas assets of Chromo Energy and Petrohawk Energy.
- DE Shaw in its investment in Ashmore Energy International.
- EDF in the sale of its Brazilian utility Light Services.
Project and Leveraged Finance
- Deutsche Bank in the financing of various oil and gas and energy projects in Brazil and the project financing of a power project for Pampa Energy in Argentina.
- The Government of Puerto Rico in connection with its enactment of its new Public Private Partnership law.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1986
- University of London, London School of Economics and Political Science, M.Sc., 1983
- Duke University, B.A., 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$$