Richard Cowart is chair of the Firm’s Health Law/Government Relations & Public Policy Department and a member of the Firm’s Board of Directors. The Health and Public Policy Department of Baker Donelson is regarded as one of the premiere health law practices in the country.
Mr. Cowart is a recognized authority in advising senior management regarding policy, regulatory and business issues related to health care. He serves as strategic counsel to health care companies (both for profit and not-for-profit) and counsels providers on business, policy and governance issues, with an emphasis on business transactions.
Mr. Cowart is a nationally known speaker and writer on health care issues. He was the national columnist for Medical News, Inc. for 18 years and the health business columnist for The Tennessean for more than ten years.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 1978, with honors
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.S.B.A., 1975, magna cum laude
- Tennessee, 1999
- Mississippi, 1978
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Past President, American Health Lawyers Association
- Recipient – American Health Lawyers Association David R. Greenburg Award (Lifetime Service to Health Law)
- Fellow – American Health Lawyers Association
- Editorial Board Member – Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law
Rate : $$$$