Richard Shane practices in the area of litigation. Mr. Shane has experience with complex commercial litigation, real estate and construction defect matters. Prior to joining Duane Morris, Mr. Shane served as law clerk to the Hon. Edwin G. Torres of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Shane is a 2009 cum laude graduate of the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he was notes and comments editor for the Florida Law Review, and a cum laude graduate of the University of Florida.
- Glasswall, LLC v. Monadnock Construction, Inc., et al., Case Nos. 3D15-1652, 3D15-1124, Court of Appeal of Florida, Third District (Opinion Filed January 27, 2016).
- Litigation over construction project at luxury residence – Represented an owner in a lawsuit involving various claims by a subcontractor and general contractor completing work at a luxury residence. Owner’s claims and defenses centered on construction defects at the site caused by shoddy workmanship.
- South Beach hotel bankruptcy – Counsel to lender and special servicer in chapter 11 of an iconic boutique hotel of historical significance located in the Art Deco District of Miami Beach.
- Represented a major commercial loan servicer in multi-million dollar commercial foreclosure matters.
- Represented a prominent developer in a lawsuit against a joint venture partner.
- Worked on the trial team of a local star athlete in a business dispute involving breach of contract, fiduciary duty, and trademark infringement claims.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Professional Activities : Board of Directors, Dade County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Section, 2017-2019
Rate : $$$