Richard Smith focuses on corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and capital markets. He has represented clients in M&A and strategic transactions involving banking, sponsor finance, healthcare, technology, telecom, mortgage, broker-dealer, mining, insurance, trade processing, investment advisory, asset management, real estate, energy, entertainment, shipping, market maker, servicing, and commodities businesses.
His M&A experience also includes counseling financial institutions with regard to fairness opinions and advisory engagements. He has also advised several clients on M&A related disputes and arbitrations.
Mr. Smith is a member of the Board of Advisors of the Institute for Law and Economics at the University of Pennsylvania. He is also a member of the Duke Law School Global Financial Markets Center Advisory Board.
- Duke University School of Law, JD, with honors (1993)
- Haverford College, BA, Economics (1988)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Represented a large financial institution on the sale of its equity investment in a healthcare company
- Advised an investment bank on several advisory engagements
- Advised a large financial institution on its investment in warrants issued by a biotech company
- Advised a large financial institution on its investment in warrants issued by a technology start-up
- Board of Advisors, Institute for Law and Economics, University of Pennsylvania
- Faculty member, Practicing Law Institute
Rate : $$$