Richard S. Davis has practiced complex commercial litigation for more than 30 years. He is a member of the firm’s Securities Enforcement & Litigation; Consumer Law, Finance & Class Action; and Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practices. He also has extensive experience in health care, distribution and franchise, and hospitality matters.
Prior to joining Foley & Lardner, Mr. Davis was a litigation partner with the Chicago office of Rudnick & Wolfe, a predecessor firm to DLA Piper. From 1994 to 2006, he worked in Foley’s former West Palm Beach office.
Mr. Davis, who resides in Boca Raton, maintains an active practice throughout South Florida, as well as elsewhere in the state.
- Won dismissal, with prejudice, of a multi-million dollar consumer class action lawsuit alleging that a real estate developer wrongfully required purchasers to buy title insurance. (U.S. District Court, Miami)
- Won judgment as a matter of law (directed verdict) on the fourth day of a jury trial for an investment company client. The client’s former chief operating officer sought more than $10 million in damages on Equal Pay Act and Title VII claims. (U.S. District Court, Orlando)
- Won summary judgment, as co-counsel for a Fortune 50 company, in a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and fraud claims related to the company’s alleged failure to contribute $7 million to a start-up technology venture. (U.S. District Court, West Palm Beach)
- Won dismissal of two underwriting firms from a securities fraud class action lawsuit arising from a public company’s $20 million initial public offering. (U.S. District Court, Miami)
- Successfully settled various litigation asserting claims for breaches of stock purchase, asset acquisition and shareholder agreements; breaches of franchise agreements; breaches of non-competition agreements; misappropriation of trade secrets; and trademark infringement.
Mr. Davis graduated from the Northwestern University Law School in 1984, where he served on the editorial board of the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology. He received his bachelor’s degree in journalism, with honors, from Northwestern University in 1981.
Rate : $$$$