Richard (Rick) Deane represents clients who are facing all types of criminal or civil investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and other investigative agencies. He has extensive experience in federal grand jury investigations, trying cases in state and federal courts, and appearing before the Fifth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Rick recently served as lead counsel in defending criminal charges against a major design-build company. All charges against the company were dismissed, and the company paid a civil assessment. He also served as lead counsel in a month-long personal injury case tried in state court to a complete defense verdict. In addition, he handles general litigation matters.
Rick’s representative clients include the Atlanta School Board, The Facilities Group, the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, The Public Warehousing Company K.S.C., The Sherwin-Williams Company, and numerous others.
Rick is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers and serves as a member of the Board of Regents for the College. He was recently chosen by the State Bar of Georgia’s bench and bar committee as the attorney recipient of the 12th Annual Chief Justice Thomas O. Marshall Professionalism Award. The award honors “one lawyer and one judge who have demonstrated the highest professional conduct and paramount reputation for professionals.”
In addition, he received the Atlanta Bar Association’s Leadership Award in 2016 and the “Thomas J. Waldrop Truth & Justice Award” in recognition of his representation of Atlanta School Superintendent, Dr. Beverly Hall, during the Atlanta cheating scandal. Rick is also a past president of the National Association of Former United States Attorneys (NAFUSA).
- University of Michigan (LL.M. 1979);
- The University of Georgia (J.D. 1977;
- Earl Warren Scholar; B.A. cum laude 1974)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Former CEO defends federal criminal investigation involving allegations of potential violations of Anti-Kickback statute. Jones Day is representing a former CEO in a federal criminal investigation involving allegations of potential violations of the Anti-Kickback statute.
- Physician-owned Ambulatory Surgery Center issued favorable reconsideration decision in Medicare overpayment appeal
- Multinational corporation conducts internal investigation of Asia operations
- CEO of industrial services company defends federal criminal public corruption investigation
- Former CFO of multinational corporation defends DOJ and SEC investigation involving allegations of potential FCPA violations
- Cardinal Health obtains dismissal of suit alleging pharmaceutical companies contributed to “epidemic of prescription drug abuse”
- Former Atlanta School Superintendent Beverly Hall defends allegations of cheating on standardized tests.
Rate : $$$