Richard A. Fenyes is a Partner who has advised clients for more than twenty years on debt and equity capital markets transactions as well as general corporate and securities law matters. He regularly advises the Firm’s clients, including private equity sponsors such as KKR, Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, and their portfolio companies, in connection with acquisition financing, IPOs, refinancings, debt restructuring and other registered and private offerings of debt and equity securities.
Richard has represented issuers in high yield offerings and bridge financings in connection with acquisitions and refinancings, including many of the largest LBOs ever completed. Richard’s acquisition finance experience includes:
- the $9.9 billion acquisition of Envision Healthcare Corporation by KKR
- the acquisition of a majority interest in Heartland Dental by KKR
- the $1.6 billion acquisition of PRA International and ReSearch Pharmaceutical, Inc. by KKR
- the $3.3 billion acquisition of TransUnion Corporation by Advent International and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners
- the $3.4 billion acquisition of Interactive Data Corporation by Silver Lake and Warburg Pincus
- the $629 million acquisition of GL TRADE, S.A. by SunGard Data Systems Inc.
- the $2.3 billion acquisition of Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc. by Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, CanWest Global Communications Corp. and EdgeStone Capital Partners
- the $22 billion acquisition of Kinder Morgan Inc. by Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, AIG, Carlyle, Riverstone, company founder and management
- the $33 billion acquisition of HCA Inc. by KKR, Bain Capital Partners and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity
- the $825 million acquisition of Activant Solutions Inc. by Hellman & Friedman and Thoma Cressey Equity Partners
- the $11.3 billion acquisition of SunGard Data Systems Inc. by Silver Lake, Bain, Blackstone Group, Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, KKR, Providence and Texas Pacific Group
- the $4.2 billion acquisition of Nalco Company by Blackstone, Apollo Management and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners and a subsequent discount note offering by Nalco Finance Holdings
Richard’s representation of clients in equity offerings includes:
- the initial public offering and secondary offerings of Gardner Denver Holdings, Inc.
- the initial public offering and secondary offerings of PRA Health Sciences, Inc.
- the initial public offering and secondary offerings of Pinnacle Foods Inc.
- the initial public offering of Education Management Corporation
- the initial public offering and secondary offerings of Nalco Holding Company
- the initial public offering of Peabody Energy Corporation
Richard received his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1995 and his B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley in 1992. Richard joined Simpson Thacher in 1995.
- Harvard Law School, 1995 J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, 1992 B.A.
Admissions : New York 1996
Rate : $$$