Richard P. Ferrin advises clients about international trade regulations, particularly antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings at both the administrative and appellate levels. He advocates for his client in global “safeguards” proceedings and on customs matters involving classification issues and country-of-origin determinations.
Richard has represented foreign manufacturers, foreign exporters, and U.S. importers in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings before the U.S. International Trade Commission, and in judicial review of administrative actions at the U.S. Court of International Trade, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and North American Free Trade Agreement binational panels.
In addition, Richard advises importers on how to minimize antidumping duty liability.
Richard has represented clients before the U.S. International Trade Commission and U.S. Department of Commerce in antidumping and countervailing duty injury investigations, at the preliminary or final investigation stages, and in five-year sunset reviews. Some of his successes include :
- Securing no-injury rulings at the preliminary stage in an investigation involving circuit breakers in South Africa, at the final stage in investigations involving 53-foot domestic dry containers from China and sodium metal from France, and sunset reviews of antidumping duty orders on corrosion-resistant carbon steel flat products from Canada and carbon and certain alloy steel wire rod from Canada.
- Reducing the antidumping duty margin from 40 percent to less than 1 percent for a producer and group of affiliated resellers in a complex Department of Commerce administrative review of stainless steel sheet and strip coils from Japan.
- Obtaining favorable scope determinations from the Department of Commerce on numerous products containing aluminum extrusions from China.
- Secured a ruling sustaining an International Trade Commission negative injury finding in a sunset review of corrosion-resistant carbon steel flat products from Canada.
- American University, J.D., 1996
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1985
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Rate : $$$$