Richard M. Fijolek has represented U.S. and foreign individuals and companies with regard to the legal and tax issues related to their business and investment activities from the formation or acquisition of their businesses, through the ownership and operation of their businesses, to the restructuring and disposition of those investments or businesses.
Among the clients Rick has represented are numerous investment funds, including hedge funds, real estate funds, energy funds, private equity funds and venture capital funds, with regard to their formation, capital raising and placements; real estate owners, developers, operating companies, syndicators and investment funds, including real estate investment trusts (REITs); natural resource operating companies, producers and investors; closely-held businesses, including start-up companies, with respect to their organizational structures and tax and business issues; publicly-traded companies with regard to tax issues and joint ventures; and individuals and companies with regard to general business and tax planning.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1982
- A.B., Stanford University, 1979, with honors
ADMISSIONS : Illinois, Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Former Chair, Federal Taxation Committee, ABA Section of Real Property
- Former Chair, International Real Estate Committee, ABA Section of Real Property
- Former Chair, Partnership and Real Estate Committee, State Bar of Texas Tax Section
- Former Chair, International Tax Committee, State Bar of Texas Tax Section
Rate : $$$$