Richard E. Gordet focuses his practice on representing colleges and universities, endowments, tax-exempt entities, institutional investors, private equity funds, real estate funds and REITs with respect to their investments in real estate and natural resources.
Rich has extensive experience negotiating and structuring funds, joint ventures, ground leases and unsecured and secured debt, as well advising on the acquisition, leasing, disposition and financing of real estate investments in the United States, Asia and Europe. Rich also has extensive experience advising real estate fund sponsors in connection with fund formations.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1996
- AB, cum laude, Princeton University, 1987
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1996
- Represents Allianz Real Estate of America in the negotiating and structuring of complex real estate co-investments, fund investments and club joint ventures.
- Represents Bain Capital Real Estate in evaluating, negotiating and structuring real estate investments directly as well as through joint ventures, funds, co-investments and management arrangements with international, national, regional and local sponsors, operators and managers.
- Represent a variety of private equity sponsors and corporate clients including Bain Capital, Golden Gate Capital, Silver Lake Partners, Reebok and Dominos in connection with the real estate aspects of corporate acquisitions and dispositions, including structuring and negotiation of occupancy leases, acquisition and disposition agreements, sale-leasebacks, and portfolio and individual asset mortgage and mezzanine financings.
- Represent Stanford Management Company, the investment manager for the Stanford University endowment, in connection with the negotiation and structuring of investments in real estate and natural resource funds and coinvestments and related exits, including through initial public offerings.
- Represent PIMCO on matters relating to the ongoing operations and administration of PIMCO sponsored and advised private investment funds and hedge funds and separate accounts with respect to real estate investments, including the acquisition, disposition and ongoing evaluation of investments in RMBS, CMBS, and commercial real estate loans.
Rate : $$$