Richard A. Grossmann is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Group. Richard’s practice focuses on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financings and development, as well as real estate aspects of mergers and acquisitions and corporate financing transactions. He also regularly counsels pro bono clients of the firm with respect to leasing and general real estate matters.
Mr. Grossmann holds a B.A., summa cum laude, from Yale University and master’s degrees from the School of Archaeology, University of Oxford and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Yale University. He received his J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law and his M.B.A. from Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University in 2013. Mr. Grossmann joined Debevoise in 2015.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its formation of a joint venture with WPT Industrial REIT and AIMCo to aggregate a portfolio of industrial properties in the U.S.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its formation of a programmatic joint venture with GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, and Cortland Partners to own and operate multi-family real estate assets throughout the U.S.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its sale of a mixed-use, multi-family project known as The Brownstones in Englewood, NJ.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its joint venture acquisition and financing of Ink Block, a mixed-used project on the site of the old Boston Herald headquarters in Boston, MA.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the formation of a joint venture with JBG SMITH to develop and own 1900 N Street, an office building located in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, D.C.
- JPMorgan Asset Management as advisor to a large domestic pension fund in establishing a programmatic general partnership joint venture with L&L Holding to invest in New York City real estate.
- A family office in its joint venture acquisition and further development of an office building located at 175 Pearl Street in Brooklyn, NY.
- Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, 2013, M.B.A.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Yale University, 2006, M.Phil.
- University of Oxford, 2001, M.S.T.
- Yale University, 2001, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$