In his longstanding commercial litigation practice, Richard (Rick) Malchon counsels lenders in real estate, construction and asset based loan workouts. He counsels clients on general creditor rights matters and all aspects of Chapter 11 reorganizations and complex Chapter 7 liquidations and also defends lender liability claims.
Rick draws on his extensive background and broad knowledge base to advocate for his clients in the US District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the Southern District of Florida. He is a member of the firm’s Transactions and Corporate Advisory Services Practice Group, as well as its Claims Counsel Committee and Ethics Committee.
A frequent lecturer, Rick speaks to professional associations and client groups on transaction and finance topics including lender liability, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights and loan workouts. He also shares his legal insights in various publications and is co-author of Florida Mortgage Foreclosures.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1974
- Emory University, B.A., 1970
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- American Bankruptcy Institute (Finance and Banking Committee, INSOL Committee)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association, Florida Chapter
- St. Petersburg Free Clinic, Board of Directors, Treasurer; Property Committee, Chair; Finance Committee, Chair
Rate : $$$