Richard Cohen’s practice encompasses pensions and employee benefits, including tax-qualified retirement plans, 403(b) plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, SERPs, cafeteria plans, ERISA and COBRA compliance.
Richard has served clients and the firm in a variety of roles, including pension counsel to corporate benefits departments of major insurance companies, banking institutions, and mutual fund companies. He currently serves as co-trustee of the firm’s own 401(k) and profit sharing plans.
Richard speaks on pension and employee benefit issues to business associations, such as the WEB Network of Benefits Professionals, client groups, and the Connecticut Bar Association.
- Connecticut Bar Association: Executive Committee, Taxation Section; Chair, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Subcommittee (2008-2011)
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Northeast Pension Liaison Group for the Internal Revenue Service
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 1984
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 1981
Rate : $$$