Richard R. Kelly brings a global focus to his corporate transactional and advisory practice. He handles cross-border and domestic deals for life sciences and technology clients, and others. During transactions, he counsels public and privately-held companies, boards, board committees, management, and individual directors and officers on structuring, negotiation and deal execution.
Assisting corporate fiduciaries when they are under heightened duty standards is the other major component of his practice. Examples of such special circumstances are transacting with control shareholders, dealing with related parties, and engaging with and at times defending against parties having activist or other hostile intentions toward publicly-traded companies.
In his M&A and other transactional practice, Rich represents parties in a wide variety of business combination transactions and other circumstances. He also has broad corporate finance experience, representing founders, entrepreneurs, start-ups and emerging growth companies, and investors.
Rich serves as Chair of the firm’s International Practice. In 2000, he was the founding member of the firm’s New York office, now the firm’s second-largest. Outside Rich’s law practice, he maintains a strong personal interest is animal welfare. He serves as a member of the Board of Directors and Secretary of the Animal Rescue League of Boston.
- America Online, Inc. (NYSE: AOL) in its acquisitions of CompuServe, Inc. (NASDAQ: CMPU), Mirabilis Ltd. (ICQ), Mindspring and other matters
- Steinway Musical Properties, Inc. in its leveraged purchase from CBS and subsequent divestitures
- Ekco Group, Inc. (NYSE: EKO) in its management buyout (MBO) and multiple later M&A transactions
- Atex Media Solutions, Inc. in multiple acquisitions, including that of Unisys Media with assets and operations in 15 countries
- Visual Sciences, LLC in its sale to WebSideStory, Inc. (NASDAQ: WSSI)
- Empresaria Group Plc (AIM) in its acquisition of Pharmaceutical Strategies, LLC and related companies
- Erwin Hymer Group AG in the acquisition of Roadtrek Motorhomes, Inc.
- The Princeton Review, Inc. (NASDAQ: REVU) special committee in a Bain Capital-led strategic financing
- Steinway Musical Instruments, Inc. (NYSE: LVB) special committee in various related-party matters
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company, LLC (NYSE: MIC) independent directors in various related-party matters.
- Harvard Law School (JD)
- Dartmouth College (BA)
- London School of Economics & Political Science (NDGC)
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$