Richard L. Kintz is of counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) office and was the prior Leader of both the firm’s Family Owned and Closely-Held Businesses Team and Private Wealth Team until October 2015. He was previously a partner at Sheppard Mullin from 1999 through 2015.
- Venture Capital – Negotiate and document venture capital financings, both on behalf of companies and in representing venture capitalists; participated in numerous convertible bridge financings.
- Representation of Middle Market Companies – This representation has related primarily to liquidity events such as leveraged recapitalizations, minority equity infusions, debt transactions and majority equity sales.
- Mergers and Acquisitions – These transactions have involved cash sales and stock for stock exchanges of both public and private companies.
- The industries involved have included companies involved in cemeteries and mortuaries, restaurants, consumer products, software companies, manufacturing, internet companies, spa companies, mortgage banking, real estate management, sports and action sports, travel agencies, service providers, and parts assemblers (including maquiladora companies).
- These transactions have involved puts, calls, earnouts and equity rollovers.
- General Corporate Representation – Strategic planning, advisor to the Board of Directors, integration of corporate planning and structuring with estate and gift tax issues of the owners.
- J.D, University of California, Berkeley, 1969, Order of the Coif, Editor of California Law Review
- B.A., University of Redlands, 1966, with distinction
- Board of Directors, Voices For Children, San Diego
Rate : $$$