Richard Hillman work at Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC. Hiring the right lawyer for criminal law matters is imperative. Richard Hillman understands the strategies used by both the prosecution and defense, and he uses this knowledge when planning his clients’ defense.
Through his years of work on both sides of the law, Rick has developed relationships with police, prosecuting officials and judges. He has been extremely successful at raising legal issues that often result in improved outcomes for his clients. Rick has the courage and willingness to contest criminal cases by conducting hearings and going to trial.
His thoroughness and commitment to his clients leads to the best possible results in their cases. Rick’s previous work has been instrumental in defining his current practice. Today, he spends the majority of his time handling:
- Criminal Litigation: Representing individuals accused of felonies and misdemeanors including drunk driving and traffic violations. He currently acts as Prosecutor for the City of Fenton and the city of DeWitt.
- Municipal Law: Representing Michigan cities, townships and counties, advice to city councils, zoning review and code enforcement, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Open Meetings Act, Right to Farm Act and all types of municipal litigation. He also represents individuals in proceedings before municipalities.
- Driver’s License Appeals: Representing individuals seeking license restoration before the Secretary of State and circuit courts.
Rick is a native of East Lansing. Prior to joining Foster Swift, he served as Assistant City Attorney for East Lansing and as Meridian Township Prosecutor.
- Marquette University Law School, J.D., 1987
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1984
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$