Richard Oliver concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance and general corporate matters in a variety of industries, including health care and energy.
Mr. Oliver has represented acquirers, targets, private equity funds and financial advisors in significant transactions, including public and private acquisitions and divestitures, negotiated and contested public acquisitions, internal reorganizations and other corporate matters.
He also counsels firm clients on fund formations, joint ventures and other strategic alliances. Significant representations include:
- First Solar, Inc. in the $1.7 billion sale to Capital Dynamics of 8point3 Energy Partners LP, which owns interests in a 946 MW portfolio of solar energy projects;
- SunEdison, Inc. in numerous transactions in connection with SunEdison’s Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, including its $2.5 billion sale of TerraForm Global, Inc. and a 51 percent stake in TerraForm Power, Inc. to Brookfield Asset Management Inc.;
- FCT Health Holdings, LLC, a medical services company, in its acquisition of Hospice Compassus;
- Basin Holdings, LLC, in its sale of two oil services portfolio companies, BasinTek LLC and Ascent Coating Technologies, LLC, and the formation of a related joint venture between Basin and Abaco Energy Technologies, LLC;
- Sprint Nextel Corporation, in its acquisition of the shares of Clearwire Corporation it did not already own;
- BHP Billiton in its attempted $150 billion acquisition of Rio Tinto.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2007 (magna cum laude; Order of the Coif)
- B.A., University of Maryland, 2004 (magna cum laude; High Honors)
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$