A seasoned tax and transactional partner with roughly 30 years of experience, Richard L. Sevcik represents numerous nonprofit organizations, public charities, private foundations, healthcare systems, as well as colleges and universities.
Rick’s areas of counsel encompass entity formation, ongoing operations and management, governance, reporting obligations and issues that arise in transactions involving exempt organizations.
Rick has a substantive practice counseling healthcare providers and industry participants, including representing exempt healthcare systems and hospitals in connection with corporate governance, tax compliance, transactions and joint ventures, tax exempt bond financings, and IRS reporting and community benefit issues.
Rick has represented a number of healthcare systems in connection with their integration with physicians, other providers and business enterprises.
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1985
- The University of Iowa, B.A., Political Science and Economics with highest distinction, 1982
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, Exempt Organizations
- Great Lakes Area TE/GE Council
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
Rate : $$$