Richard L. Lewis practices in the areas of domestic and international business law with a focus on environmental and energy-related legal matters. He represents clients before federal, state, and appellate courts and administrative agencies in civil, criminal, and penalty proceedings.
In addition, he provides client counseling and advice in general business, permitting, compliance, and transactional matters. Mr. Lewis is the former Chair of the firm’s Business Department.
Mr. Lewis has represented energy companies, government entities (with an emphasis on publicly owned utilities), chemical companies, construction companies, and various other businesses in business negotiations, and environmental permitting, administrative, and civil enforcement actions.
Mr. Lewis has also represented insurance companies and insureds in environmental insurance matters as well as clients in condemnation, encroachment and injunction actions. Mr. Lewis has also represented manufacturing clients in various international contract negotiations for the purchase, sale and maintenance of various heavy equipment.
- J.D. Harvard Law School
- B.S. West Virginia University
- Member, Five S Society, West Virginia Water Environment Association
- Graduated magna cum laude, West Virginia University
- Trustee, Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Board Member, The West Virginia Symphony Orchestra
- West Virginia Coal Mining Institute
- West Virginia Water Environment Association
- Environment Committee, National Mining Association
Rate : $$$$