Richard S. Lincer’s practice spans corporate and financial matters, including international project financings and debt restructurings, corporate and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, and high-yield and leveraged finance transactions, as well as regulation of investment funds and investment advisors.
Richard joined the firm in 1979 and became a partner in 1986. He was resident in the firm’s Hong Kong office in 1998 and 1999.
Financing Aspects of Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Corporate Transactions
- Tech Data’s $2.6 billion acquisition of Avnet’s Technology Solutions business.
- International Seaways’ $435 million acquisition of six VLCCs from Euronav NV.
Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- The International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW) in its negotiations with General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co., and Chrysler Corp. regarding funding arrangements for their retiree healthcare benefit obligations and in connection with the bankruptcies of General Motors and Chrysler.
- The restructuring of the foreign debt of the Daewoo companies (one of the largest private sector restructurings ever).
- The acquisition of a controlling interest in Korea First Bank by Newbridge Capital.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, 2013-2016
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1978
- Yale College, B.A., 1975
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of New York
Rate : $$$