Richard Loebl is senior counsel in the Employee Benefits Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. His practice focuses on the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation. Mr. Loebl has worked extensively on questions related to fiduciary responsibility and has experience litigating fiduciary responsibility claims.
Mr. Loebl’s experience includes the following:
- Counsels clients on pension plans, 401(k) plans, ESOPs, prototype IRAs, health plans, severance plans and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements
- Works on employee benefit issues related to corporate transactions, including “golden parachute” concerns arising from transactions
- Works on benefits issues for non-profits and governmental employees
- Assists both individuals and corporations on executive employment agreements and equity-based compensation
- Advises employers on establishing equity-based compensation arrangements such as stock option plans, employee stock purchase plans, and both short-term and long-term incentive plans.
Mr. Loebl frequently speaks at the local and national level on employee benefits issues at seminars and professional organizations. Additionally, he has written a variety of articles on topics such as prohibited transaction exemptions, retirement benefits and funds, ERISA fiduciary responsibility, employee benefits, and executive compensation.
Mr. Loebl is chair of the Committee on Fiduciary Responsibility, Administration and Litigation of American Bar Association’s Section of Real Property Trusts and Estate Law. Mr. Loebl also served as a judicial intern to Chief Justice G. Mennen Williams for the Michigan Supreme Court, and Judge George E. Woods for the U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Michigan.
- J.D., University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (1987)
- Articles and Book Review Editor, University of Detroit Law Review
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley (1973)
- A.B., Harvard University (1967)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
Rate : $$$