Richard Cogen represents project sponsors, investors and lenders with respect to the development, financing, permitting, acquisition and sale of energy, renewable energy and solid waste projects.
He is the former chair of the firm’s Energy and Environmental practice group, and currently co-chairs the firm’s Energy and Infrastructure Projects Team. Rich joined Nixon Peabody in 1979.
- Representation of sponsor in connection with $300 million residential solar system acquisition and finance program involving systems located in California, Arizona, and Colorado, including project-level debt.
- Representation of sponsor in connection with $500 million residential solar system acquisition and finance program involving systems located in California and Hawaii, including project-level debt.
- Representation of the developer in the development and financing of a municipal solid waste-to-energy facility in the Caribbean
- Representation of equity investor in the acquisition and financing of a municipal solid waste-to-energy facility in the Southern U.S.
- Representation of project sponsor in $30 million holding company loan to provide permanent financing for community net metered solar energy projects
- Representation of take-out buyer in the acquisition of two portfolios of solar energy projects in Massachusetts
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
- University of Rochester, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- Alliance for Clean Energy New York, Counsel to the Board of Directors
- American Wind Energy Association, represents the firm as a member of the Legislative, Transmission, and Siting committees
- American Bar Association (Member, Section on Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law)
- Institute for Environmental Auditing (Past member of Board of Directors)
Rate : $$$$