As a member of the firm’s corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions practice, Richard P. Massony, Jr. helps guide clients through difficult and complex negotiations over corporate transactions and commercial contracts. His focus is on delivering effective and practical solutions for his clients.
Richard has experience representing public and private companies in domestic and international mergers, as well as stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, private equity investments, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, corporate restructurings and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, Richard practiced at a law firm in Washington, DC where, in addition to transactional work, he advised clients on international trade and other regulatory matters. Richard’s prior work experience also includes time spent with the Saudi Arabian Committee for International Trade promoting US-Saudi trade and investment.
- Regularly represents a publicly traded Fortune 500 global auto parts manufacturer in connection with domestic, international and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic transactions.
- Represented a publicly traded company in a acquisition of a flower and ornamental plants business.
- Represented publicly traded vehicle and industrial paint and coating manufacturer in sale of non-core technology assets and acquisition of liquid and powder refinish coating manufacturer and distributor.
- Represented a multinational management consulting and technology service company in its merger with a government IT service provider.
- Represented a multinational imaging and electronics company in its merger with a US technology company.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, Editor, Virginia Journal of International Law, 2012
- AB, Art and Archaeology, Princeton University, 2004
- District of Columbia
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, DC Bar Association
Rate : $$$$