Mr. Richard L. Merrill has appeared statewide on various matters, including wills, estates, guardianships and probate, real estate & title litigation, commercial litigation, oil and gas matters, and appeals. He is also involved in mediations, either as an advocate for his clients or as a mediator. He works with the client to achieve the best result most economically.
For many of his clients who are individuals, Mr. Merrill provides estate planning legal services including the preparation of Wills, Trusts, durable powers of attorney for financial matters, medical powers of attorney, directives to physicians, guardianship directives and other estate planning documents.
In addition, Mr. Merrill handles numerous matters in Probate Court, including the probate of wills, appointment of executors, administrators, guardians and other personal representatives; filing and resolution of will contests; protection of homestead rights of surviving spouses; and creditors’ claims.
For his corporate and business clients, Mr. Merrill primarily provides legal services in the areas of civil litigation, appeals, real estate, and natural resources/oil and gas.
- New Hampshire, 1994
- Texas, 1975
- Massachusetts, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1990
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, J.D. – 1975
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, B.A. – 1973
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Houston Bar Association, Probate Section, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Oil and Gas Section, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Appellate Section, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Probate Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Oil and Gas Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Appellate Section, Member
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association, Member
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association, Vice-President, 2002 – Present
Rate : $$$