Richard P. O’Leary serves as a trusted advisor for public and private companies, other entities and individuals, assisting them in proactively implementing strategies that achieve financial and business success. If they encounter litigation, Rich helps them navigate the process successfully.
For more than 35 years, Rich has counseled senior executives. His many years of experience enable him to strategically guide business decisions that are critical to protecting clients’ interests and facilitating their growth strategies. Rich regularly advises companies and individuals on litigation risks and handles a wide variety of litigation for his clients.
Rich counsels clients in a broad range of industries, including automotive, HVAC, equipment manufacturing and retail. This broad experience enables him to apply and adapt best practices established in one industry to navigating similar challenges that arise for companies in other sectors.
Representative Matters :
- Serves as national coordinating counsel to a number of public companies, providing guidance and strategic advice in defending the companies in mass tort product liability litigation.
- Serves as regional and local counsel for several companies in the defense of claims against them relating to asbestos personal injury actions.
- Represented a trust in the defense of a breach of contract claim relating to the then-largest residential property transaction in the United States.
- Advises clients on risks and potential litigation liabilities in corporate transactions and acquisitions.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Trustee, National Maritime Historical Society
Professional Experience : Law Clerk to the Honorable Clarkson S. Fisher, then Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court of the District of New Jersey, 1981-1982
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 1981
- Georgetown University, A.B., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1978
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey, Florida
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
Rate : $$$