Richard Jaffe is chair of the firm’s Private Equity Practice Group with a focus on control and non-control investments, fund formation and operation, divestitures, corporate finance and venture capital financing, particularly in the alternative energy, technology and manufa-cturing industries.
Mr.Jaffe regularly represents private equity funds and other investors and strategics in corporate transactions and advises business owners and PE portfolio companies on raising capital to grow and exit their companies, as well as structuring public and private securities offerings, mergers, acquisitions.
In addition, Mr. Jaffe also counsels boards and committees of boards on corporate governance issues, and is a frequent lecturer on these issues.
- Represented WineAccess, Inc., a direct-to-consumer (DTC) wine eCommerce company, in its acquisition by Norwest Venture Partners, a global, multi-stage venture capital and growth equity investment firm.
- Represented a private equity fund in the control investment in an energy services company and a subsequent add on.
- Represented seller of assisted living services company to a public strategy.
- Represented a privately held healthcare IT software company in negotiation for sale to large strategic.
- Represented a growth capital fund in an investment in a bridge-note offering by a provider of an integrated suite of content management, collaboration, portal and business-intelligence software solutions.
- Represented a private equity firm as lead investor in a follow-on offering by a provider of high-performance, unified information-security systems.
- Advised sponsor on formation of a $150.0 million health capital fund.
- Advised sponsor on formation of a fund of funds.
- New York
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Advisory Board, Center for Corporate Governance, Drexel University LeBow School of Business
- American Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association – Business Law Section, Past Chair
Rate : $$$