Richard H. Rahm counsels and represents employers primarily in wage-and-hour class action litigation in the transportation, financial, and retail industries, as well as public employment litigation. Richard has over 20 years of experience in successfully representing employers in jury trials, state and federal appeals, and arbitrations. He has specific knowledge of claims arising under :
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- California Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (PAGA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSA)
- Federal Aviation Authorization Administration Act of 1994 (FAAAA)
A core team member of Littler’s Appellate Practice Group, Richard was one of the principal attorneys in state and nationwide class actions involving a national mortgage company and overtime pay policies. He most frequently works with the following types of clients : Trucking companies, Financial institutions, State governmental agencies.
Richard has written a number of articles on various aspects of the FAAAA, FAA, PAGA, and wage and hour issues arising under the California Labor Code. He has spoken at conferences held by the American Trucking Association (ATA) and California Trucking Association, and he is a principal organizer of the ATA’s California Trucking Class Action Roundtable.
He is a regular speaker at Littler’s Executive Employer® conferences and webinars and a principal author of Littler’s Class Action Manual. Previously, Richard clerked for the Hon. Ferdinand F. Fernandez, U. S. District Court for the Central District of California. He did doctoral research as a German academic exchange fellow in the law department at the University of Frankfurt am Main.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- MLitt, Oxford University
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, American Trucking Association
- Official Legal Partner, California Trucking Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Northern District of Historical Society, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Member, Board of Directors, California Supreme Court Historical Society
Rate : $$$$