Richard S. Roisman is an experienced real estate lawyer with a particularly strong background in all types of financing work and transactions/workouts involving secured and unsecured loans, from all sides of the table.
Richard currently serves on the Caron Board of Trustees at Caron Treatment Centers, a nationally recognized nonprofit provider of addiction and behavioral health treatment. He previously served as an ex-officio member and chair of the Philadelphia Advisory Board at Caron.
Richard earned his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law, magna cum laude, where he was on the school’s law review. He received a bachelor’s degree in sociology from George Washington University.
- Represented Valley Forge Convention Center Partners, LP in its $280 million sale of Pennsylvania-based Valley Forge Casino Resort to Boyd Gaming Corporation, an American gaming and hospitality company. This transaction drew on the experience of Cozen O’Connor’s corporate, tax, real estate, litigation, and utility, environmental, and energy attorneys.
- Represented The Arden Group in its $148.5 million acquisition of the BB&T Center, and an adjacent parking garage, in Charlotte, N.C. The 22-story, 567,835 sq. ft. office tower also features on-site retail, banking, and restaurant space and is The Arden Group’s first investment in Charlotte.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the $136 million acquisition of a New Jersey corporate center encompassing several four-story buildings, totaling approximately 820,000 sq. ft., on a 176-acre site. The deal included a $123 million term loan from a syndicate of lenders.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1980
- George Washington University, B.A., 1976
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
- Member, ABA Business Law Section and Health Law Section (substance abuse task force)
- Member, Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers of Pennsylvania
- Member, Caron Treatment Centers Board of Trustees
Rate : $$$$