Richard Salomon practices principally in the Real Estate Practice Group, with an emphasis on distressed and contested situations. He has counseled developers and investors in real estate finance, acquisition, development, and joint ventures.
Rick has worked substantially in the area of leasing for office tower and shopping center owners, anchor tenants, and national retailers. Additionally, he advises independent directors of REITs and other public companies who face conflicts of interest with management. Rick also handles general corporate work, concentrating on companies led by their principal owners.
Rick is a member of the board of directors of Tweedy Browne Fund, Inc., a mutual fund company, and has served on other public and nonprofit boards.
- Represented Government of the Republic of Senegal, in the acquisition of the site for the Senegal Mission to UN and Consulate.
- Closed the $253 million sale of a Manhattan office building. The 389,000 sq. ft. building, known as the HarperCollins Building, was sold by an Italian pension fund to SL Green, the REIT that is the largest owner of New York office building.
- Represented Hallets Point, a $1 billion, 2,500 residential-unit complex on the waterfront in approval for construction from the New York City Council.
- University of Michigan, J.D., 1972
- University of Florida, B.S., 1969
BAR ADMISSIONS : Florida; New York
Rate : $$$