Recognized by Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers, Pillsbury partner Richard M. Segal is a highly experienced and well-known California commercial and business litigator. Rich litigates in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels.
He has deep experience in the retail, consumer finance and banking sectors, particularly in class actions and unfair competition, false advertising, securities, disability accommodations and employee benefits matters.
Rich’s clients include vehicle finance and leasing companies, large retailers, public corporations and employee benefit plans and trustees. Rich is the partner in charge of the Litigation practice in Pillsbury’s San Diego and San Diego North County offices.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Defending a national retailer in putative class action claiming violation of California’s privacy statutes through recording of telephone calls.
- Representing a health benefit plan in responding to a government challenge under the Affordable Care Act.
- Defending a national chain of car dealers in a putative class action alleging violations of California vehicle finance laws.
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1991
- B.A., Political Science, Yale University, 1988
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
Rate : $$$