Richard B. (Ricky) Spitzer is an Insurance Finance partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office. Ricky focuses his practice on capital market and corporate transactions involving the insurance industry.
He has represented issuers and underwriters in connection with securities offerings by insurance companies, including offerings of equity, debt and surplus notes.
He also counsels insurers on structured finance transactions such as catastrophe bonds, mortality bonds and other risk-linked securities. He also has experience related to insurance mergers and acquisitions.
Education : Georgetown University Law Center, JD
Admissions : New York
- China Property & Casualty Reinsurance Company Ltd. in connection with its Panda Re Ltd. catastrophe bond offering in June 2015.
- Texas Windstorm Insurance Association in connection with its Alamo Re Ltd. catastrophe bond offerings in June 2014 and May 2015.
- Partner Reinsurance Company Ltd. in connection with its Lorenz Re Ltd. sidecar offerings in March 2013 and April 2015.
- Ambac Assurance Corporation in connection with the commutation of its liabilities relating to certain wrapped securities in April 2015.
- Catlin Insurance Company in connection with its Galileo Re Ltd. catastrophe bond offerings in October 2013 and February 2015.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Nationwide Financial Services, Inc.’s senior note offering in November 2014.
- Ambac Financial Group, Inc. in connection with an offering of senior secured notes by Corolla Trust in August 2014.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Allstate Insurance Company’s Sanders Re Ltd. catastrophe bond offerings in May 2013 and May 2014.
Rate : $$$