Rick L. Burdick has represented clients across the energy industry, including power, exploration and production, transportation, refining, service and equipment manufacturing companies. He leverages his deep experience to help clients structure transactions to be aligned with the current political climate and changing laws on foreign investment. He has played a leading role in some of the industry’s most cutting-edge domestic and cross-border transactions throughout the United States, the Middle East, Russia, Central Europe and China.
Rick provides advice across a wide variety of transactions, including:
- Asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Proxy solicitations
- Stock purchases
- Securities offerings
- Corporate governance.
- Led the legal team that completed the largest privatization in Russia’s history and the largest investment ever by a U.S. company in Russia.
- Has been representing companies and investors across the energy sector for more than three decades.
- Plays a lead role in some of the industry’s most cutting-edge domestic and cross-border transactions.
- Represented the target in a $2 billion cross-border merger of two public companies in the waste management industry.
- Advised a public company in an activist campaign.
- Advised the target in a $2.2 billion merger of public companies in the quick-service restaurant industry.
- Provided counsel in a $4 billion public company spin-off.
- Led a $5.5 billion cross-border share purchase.
- Served as counsel to the acquirer in an $8.7 billion merger of two NYSE-listed investor-owned utilities.
- Member, board of directors, CBIZ, Inc. (NYSE).
- Member, board of directors of U.S. Russia Business Council.
- Member, board of directors, AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE).
- J.D., College of William and Mary School of Law, 1976
- B.S., Santa Clara University, 1973
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$