Rick Rodriguez is an associate in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Rodriguez’s practice focuses on land use planning, real estate finance and general real estate matters.
Mr. Rodriguez advises developers and property owners regarding the application of general plans, specific plans, local zoning and municipal code provisions in jurisdictions throughout California. He assists clients in obtaining and negotiating development entitlements and regulatory approvals for a wide range of projects in California.
Mr. Rodriguez also represents clients in real estate transactions including purchase and sale agreements, option agreements, leases, easements and public-private partnerships. Mr. Rodriguez has worked on a variety of residential, commercial and mixed-use projects throughout Los Angeles and California.
- J.D., Southwestern Law School, 2013, magna cum laude; Staff Writer, Southwestern University Law Review; Trial Advocacy Honors Program
- B.S., University of Southern California, 2006
Admissions : California
- Represented University in negotiating a ground lease with a third party for the development of a soccer training facility on the University’s campus.
- Represented developer in obtaining entitlements for a 500,000 square-foot retail center in Camarillo, California.
- Represented developer in the negotiation of a public-private partnership to build a 300,000 square foot regional shopping center on a former brownfield site and advised developer regarding entitlements for the project.
- Represented restaurant in obtaining entitlements for a new restaurant in downtown Los Angeles.
- Represented business owner in negotiations with a joint powers authority related to the purchase and sale of property under the threat of condemnation.
- Conducted land use due diligence for proposed projects on public and private properties in multiple jurisdictions in California.
- Advised developer regarding the historical designation of a property and possible redevelopment strategies.
- Board member, Pershing Square Renew
- Board of Trustees, Mexican American Bar Foundation
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Real Estate Land Use Sections
- Sheppard Mullin Latin American Team
- Former Member, Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council, Planning and Land Use Committee
Rate : $$$$