Rick D. Roskelley handles all aspects of employee compensation, including : Minimum wage, Employee incentive plans and policies, Other wage and hour matters, Independent contractor issues.
He also advises and represents clients in wrongful termination and discrimination matters and has considerable knowledge of claims involving : The Americans with Disabilities Act, The Fair Labor Standards Act, The Family and Medical Leave Act, The Employee Retirement Income Security Act.
His nationwide practice focuses on the defense of class and collective actions on behalf of employers before state and federal administrative agencies, including :
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- The Nevada Equal Rights Commission
- The Utah Occupational Safety and Health Review Board
He also regularly represents employers in trials and arbitration, as well as in compensation disputes with the Department of Labor, the Nevada Office of the Labor Commissioner, the Utah Labor Commission and enforcement agencies of other states.
Rick also has expertise in handling Idaho, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Utah workers’ compensation issues, including benefits claims disputes. Rick has served as a member of the firm’s Associates Committee since 2000. Previously, he worked as a staff attorney for Office of Administrative Law Judges, United States Department of Labor.
- J.D., Brigham Young University, 1985
- B.A., Brigham Young University, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, District of Idaho
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Assistant District Commissioner, Las Vegas Area Counsel, Boy Scouts of America
- Member, International Foundation of Employee Benefits Plans
- Member, Western Pension Benefits Conference
- Former Chair, Alumni Association, Brigham Young University, Las Vegas Chapter
Rate : $$$