Riley Mendoza has significant experience in all phases of litigation through appeal and has tried matters to verdict at trial. She has litigated breach of contract and fiduciary duty, product liability, securities, insurance coverage and employment matters.
Riley has had a wide range of clients including banks, private equity funds, major insurers, manufacturing and service companies, and individuals.
Riley has managed complex discovery and briefing schedules, taken and defended depositions, and successfully argued motions in federal and state court.
As a former banking and insurance regulator, she has also conducted government investigations and enforcement actions as well as drafted financial regulation and policy reports.
Riley’s recent work includes:
- obtaining a preliminary injunction constraining a former marketing consultant from using a real estate company’s proprietary information;
- representing an insurance company in a coverage action related to asbestos exposure during the building of the World Trade Center;
- representing a tax consulting firm client in a breach of contract action;
- representing an insurance company in an appeal to the Delaware Supreme Court; and
- representing a retail client in staving off purported nationwide FLSA collective action alleging misclassification of managers.
Before joining Shook, Riley was a litigator at the New York office of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP and a policy adviser with the New York State Department of Financial Services, where she handled banking and insurance industry investigations.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2007
- B.A., magna cum laude, Harvard College, 2004
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$