Risa B. Gordon is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group. Previously, Ms. Gordon was a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Ms. Gordon joined Debevoise in 2013. From 2012 to 2013, she clerked for the Hon. Carl E. Stewart, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Ms. Gordon received a J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2012, where she was an articles editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. She received a B.A. from Rice University in 2007.
Ms. Gordon is the co-author of “Takeaways From The 21st Annual IAIS Conference,” Law360 (November, 2014). Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Gordon worked for The Boston Consulting Group.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic partnership with AIG to position DSA Re as a platform to provide solutions for insurance liabilities globally.
- Arias Holdings and 2-10 Holdco in the sale of home warranty company 2-10 Holdco to Genstar Capital.
- Risk Strategies, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition of Oxford Risk Management, an established leader in alternative risk and captive insurance and consulting.
- Syncora Holdings in a reinsurance agreement with Assured Guaranty to reinsure approximately $13.5 billion of financial guaranty policies, representing 91% of Syncora’s outstanding insured exposures.
- Paraline Group and ICAT in the sale of ICAT to the Schinnerer Group, a subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
- The CF Corporation and The Blackstone Group in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Guardian Life in the acquisition by its subsidiary, Reed Group, of the absence management administration business of Aon Hewitt.
- Protective Life in its acquisition by reinsurance of certain in-force blocks of term life insurance from Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Company.
- TIAA in its offering of $1.65 billion of 4.900% surplus notes due 2044 and $350 million of 4.375% fixed-to-floating rate surplus notes due 2054. The surplus notes financed in part TIAA’s acquisition of Nuveen Investments.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2012, J.D.
- Rice University, 2007, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$