Recognized as one of the leading bankruptcy practitioners in the nation, Risa Wolf-Smith represents secured lenders, creditors’ committees, unsecured creditors, asset purchasers, landlords, franchisors, licensors, licensees, and receiver clients in bankruptcy proceedings of all sizes in many jurisdictions.
Risa has in-depth expertise in complex financial restructurings both in and out of court as well as in complicated bankruptcy sale and acquisition transactions. Recently, she has represented numerous E&P companies, mid-stream providers, and other oil and gas clients in large energy cases across the country. She has also litigated complex intellectual property and franchise agreement disputes and frequently defended lender liability actions brought against secured lenders.
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1985
- Colorado College, B.A., 1982
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Director
- American Bankruptcy Institute Rocky Mountain Bankruptcy Conference and Advisory Board Member, Co-Chair
- Mountain/Desert Network, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Director
- Colorado Limited Liability Company Act, Co-Author; Colorado Limited Liability Company Act Revision Committee, Member
- American Banking Institute, Asset Sales Committee, Former Education Director
- Colorado Chapter Turnaround Management Association, Former Director
Rate : $$$