Rishi N. Zutshi is partner of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Rishi Zutshi’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and securities litigation, with extensive experience in disputes relating to complex financial instruments and derivatives. Rishi joined the firm in 2008 and became a partner in 2016.
Rishi also has experience in internal investigations and enforcement matters, including representing clients in matters involving the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, state attorneys general, and overseas government regulators and agencies.
- AG Financial Products Inc. in a New York state court action involving claims in excess of one billion dollars in connection with terminated credit default swaps.
- Crédit Lyonnais and National Westminster Bank in lawsuits in New York federal court based upon allegations under the U.S. Anti-Terrorism Act that the banks are responsible for acts of international terrorism because they maintained accounts for Palestinian charities in England and France.
- Multiple financial institutions in adversary proceedings in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York relating to terminated credit default swaps with various Lehman entities.
- Goldman Sachs in multiple federal and state court actions involving claims related to physical and derivative energy contracts.
- Citigroup in a shareholder derivative action asserting claims based on alleged manipulation of interbank-offered rates.
- Svensk Exportkredit, A.B., Sweden’s state export-finance bank, in Swedish court proceedings relating to the valuation of numerous bespoke derivative transactions.
- Member, Hedge Fund and Capital Markets Committee of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association.
- Honorable William K Sessions III, U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont (2007-2008)
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Brown University, B.A., 2001
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Rate : $$$