Robert A. Jones II focuses his practice on representing clients in a range of corporate matters, with a particular emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and financing transactions. He also negotiates complex commercial agreements, such as managed service contracts and dealer agreements.
Rob’s clients include emerging growth and established companies in a variety of industries, as well private equity investors and their portfolio companies. He recently moved to Buchanan’s Miami office.
A member of the firm’s Security Alarm industry practice, Rob understands the unique aspects associated with various “as a service” and recurring monthly revenue business models and regularly assists providers of electronic security, energy management and home automation, and PERS/mPERS solutions in a variety of corporate and transactional matters.
Rob serves on the planning committee for the Barnes Buchanan Conference, an annual deal conference for leaders in the electronic security industry, and has spoken on trends and opportunities within the industry at past conferences.
A cross-section of Rob’s recent representations include:
- Represented a national security solutions company in negotiating managed service contracts with several of its customers including the U.S. subsidiary of an internationally known quick-service restaurant brand.
- Represented a bundled managed service provider in negotiating managed service contracts with several of its customers including a national discount store chain.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a multi-channel retailer of art supplies and its subsequent sale of that company.
- Represented a holding company in connection with its acquisition of a loss prevention/inventory shrink business.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of products for the digital, still, video and motion picture industries in assuming manufacturing and worldwide distribution of products related to lighting equipment.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Dickinson College, B.A., 1996, magna cum laude, Political Science
- Past member, Recruiting Committee; associate coach for presenting companies, Mid-Atlantic Venture Conference
- Coach for presenting companies, Early Stage East Venture Conference
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Rate : $$$