Robert Alden enjoyed a career as a commercial litigator for a number of years before he decided to focus on serving people who had been hurt, instead of defending wrongdoers and trying to protect insurance companies.
So in 2001 he joined Byrd Davis Alden & Henrichson, LLP and began representing plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits as well as plaintiffs in business disputes. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
“I switched to plaintiff work from defense work because I like helping people with problems that often are the most significant problem in their lives and are beyond their ability to deal with on their own,” Alden says. “It feels good to help people in need like that, especially in the area of personal injury, because they’re people who have had their lives turned upside down.”
Alden’s trial work has earned him acceptance into two prestigious professional organizations, the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Lawyers can only be admitted into these groups by invitation and must meet rigorous requirements dealing not only with trial experience and ability, but also with civility and professionalism.
In October of 2017, Alden was elected to a three-year term on the ABOTA Foundation’s Board of Trustees. He was previously elected as as officer for TEX-ABOTA, and will service as Vice President in 2018. He previously served as the president of the Austin chapter of ABOTA in 2015 and 2016.
- Texas, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, Juris Doctorate
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1980
- University of Texas, Masters in Public Affairs – 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate
- National Board of Directors, Austin chapter President and Representative, 2015 – Present
- American Inns of Court, Robert Calvert Inn – Master
Rate : $$$$